Will you teach your kids Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by the_alphabetman, Jan 17, 2007.

1. .Cameron

.Cameron Well-Known Member

If they atleast know how to talk in it, I will be happy

2. mintygirl

mintygirl Active Member

yeah, id teach my kids chinese for sure, i'd teach them piano and etc etc tooo like stereotypical chinese parents lol. cant let my children not know how to speak chinese!!! ive seen parents who dont speak chinese to their kids when theyve just migrated to aust from china or something cos they're scared that their children wouldnt be able to adapt, now their kids don't remember how to speak chinese. i pity them.

3. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

hell yea, they better learn chinese. I won't teach them, but i would send them to some school where they can learn about their cultures and stuff. I think all chinese kids should learn more about their culture because its something that they can be proud of and relate to in life.

4. cbxjenn

cbxjenn Member

yes! I feel kinda ashamed that I don't know how to read/write in chinese... but atleast I can speak it (badly, but still can speak it!). My kids will probably blame me in the future if I didn't teach them anyways. haa

5. skyz

skyz Member

since I cannot read/write Chinese I'll try my best to teach them to speak Chinese but I worry they will learn my wrong accent and not everyone can understand them.

6. amyvu

amyvu Member

i would because like my parents and every body else said that the more language u know the better u are.

7. yea...why not? its good to kno more than 1 language

8. Da-HaXx0r

Da-HaXx0r Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I have kids, I'm gonna make sure they atleast know how to speak it.... 'Cause I personally don't think a Chinese home's a home unless we speak Chinese. =3

Then I might send them to a primary and high school which have compulsory Chinese studies, unlike mine, which have compulsory Jap and French. lol.

9. hc1986

hc1986 Active Member

heck yeah I will tech my children chinese. I will not only tech them chinese I will teach them how to be traditionally chinese. I will teach them how to written chinese. Chinese history, Chinese literature, Chinese culture, Chinese kung fu, etc. I don't want my children to be american born chinese with no common respect to other.

10. darwinn

darwinn New Member

Of Course

11. ItsRobertttt

ItsRobertttt Well-Known Member

of course or else they wont be able to talk about different races behind their backs xD hehe

12. Kooslee

Kooslee Well-Known Member

of course, it's an advantage to have more than one language.

13. ziggyboo

ziggyboo Member

argh! yeah i think its a shame when chinese people only know how to speak english too. Well either that, or their chinese is a little rusty coz they haven't used it in a while. I'll def teach my kids chinese and other languages. The more the better. Although I think knowing english is quite good for learning other languages too. But yeah - some things you can only say in chinese like funny sayings and stuff so yeah - they're missing out.

14. fobabee168

fobabee168 New Member

i definitely will! though i'll have to improve my own skills first :)

15. yenthi

yenthi Well-Known Member

definatelyy.. send them 2 chinese skool untill GCSE for definate @ Least .. i ahet chinese skool sumtimes, but i mean its good for me :p

besides, china takin over the worlllddd :p haha

16. coca cola

coca cola Member

I Think It's Important To Teach Your Kids Chinese. Teaching Them The Traditions Of The Far East.......as For When They Start School,they Would Learn English From There.
    I Also Know,here In Uk....they Are Starting To Teach Mandarin In Some Schools!

17. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i'll teach my kids chinese n probaly enroll them in2 chinese school..In a way for me..learning how to read n write n speak chinese is a part of our 'heritage'..so yeh...

18. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

Yea i would definetely teach them chinese.. feels weird communicating wif dem in english evvery single day

19. amano.ai

amano.ai Well-Known Member

Since I only can speak chinese I will try to teach them. I'd like it because it is more difficult for me to learn it now than if I was 2 or 3 years old. :p
    Even if my husband won't be chinese I will try my best to keep this language.

20. porksi

porksi Well-Known Member

the opportunities you could have in china if you can speak / read chinese and english is amazing now, def will want my kids to speak it. Not only b/c of that, also b/c its there heritage and for them to speak to their grandparents.