Will you teach your kids Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by the_alphabetman, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Deevusone

Deevusone Member

ideally, i would like to have my future kids to learn cantonese and mandarin... i don't want them to be the white washed chinese people that totally don't understand and respect the chinese culture and heritage... i want them to learn how i was taught by my parents.... and i also want them to help me translate chinese food menus, especially the ones that are posted up on the wall with no english translation!!

2. chi_man

chi_man Well-Known Member

I'm actually a teacher on a chinese primary school XD (and no, im not some old dude, im just 17) it is pretty fun though

3. Tak-Wah

Tak-Wah Active Member

I would teach them chinese for sure... being chinese and not speaking chinese. blehh.. dont want them to regret if they are getting older (sorry for bad english xD)

4. Wazado

Wazado Member

ya, ofourse we chinese must know our language. when u meet some new friends they always ask if u can chinese, i'd be embarrassing to say no, if u are a chinese.

5. darkflamez

darkflamez Member

Hm, i don't really know that much chinese myself (besides speaking it). So, if I can't teach them and my future wife can't teach them, I think I'd just send them to chinese school!

6. HatakeKakashi

HatakeKakashi New Member

-blushyes i think i will

7. uraha

uraha Well-Known Member

well if i had a kid i wouldn't really teach them chinese my self i would send them to a chinese school, seeing chinese who teenagers who can't read or write chinese seem like they lost their true image.

8. lxr

lxr Active Member

Of course!! Even though my Chinese isn't brilliant, I'll still talk to them in Chinese and English, so it would be easier for them to communicate in the world

9. xdly

xdly Well-Known Member

yeahhh... it's my home language... so... ofcourse i will teach them chinese ^^

10. chinesedude421

chinesedude421 Well-Known Member

yeah. i find chinese people who dont speak chinese as kinda...not chinese. not being segregated, but that jsut some unconscious feeling i have towards knowing and not knowing chinese.

11. deewai

deewai New Member

yes, chinese is important

12. deewai

deewai New Member

chinese would be the world language

13. cranberryplum

cranberryplum Member

defo....teaching kids their native language is sooooo important!!!

14. dchc

dchc Member

Whether or not i get a chinese wife´, i will teach the kid(s) chinese but only speaking, writings only optional

15. gentle_br3eze

gentle_br3eze Well-Known Member

they better have better chinese skills than me!!

16. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

i would but donno how

17. pastrami

pastrami Banned

of course, since china is going to take over the world in a few years :p

18. skid

skid Well-Known Member

haha take over? not sure how they will, unless they are going to be sending their army to invade other countries heh

but yeah i'll try my best, but my canto sux and i can't read and write.
    I'll let my younger brother who can read and write do the passing on to future generations heh

19. Tray-C

Tray-C Member

I'd teach my kids Chinese. People say that the more languages you know, the better. I guess, I know quite a lot of languages...well at least learning quite a lot...so I want my kids to do so too...if not as many as me, at least Chinese...

20. Kenice

Kenice Member

Maybe i will not teach them chinesse first but maybe when they ll get older ... it also depends on the ur wife/husband, if hes/shes not chinese it will be more difficcult to teach them chinesse cuz there one to talk with them