Will you teach your kids Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by the_alphabetman, Jan 17, 2007.

1. VR3

VR3 Member

Sure !!? Its easy !! Why not !!?

2. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

definitely, teach them Chinese

3. go999

go999 Member

I would if i could, need to learn it first...

4. fuckyou

fuckyou Member

of course, i cant stand parents speaking to their kids in english.

5. themvp

themvp Well-Known Member

Being a Chinese and not knowing your own language is DISGRACE period! China is THE future now and everyone should learn Chinese, no doubt. I will teach my son Cantonese before anything, I'm not afraid he won't know English or Spanish, cause he lives here in the States.

6. CanTofu

CanTofu New Member

definitely. Kids are like a sponge, Best to take advantage of their fresh brains and learn as many language as possible!

7. sars4tw

sars4tw Well-Known Member

Definitely teach them Chinese. Not just speaking fluently but reading and writing.

8. Silly_ice

Silly_ice Member

Sure I will. this is good to be bi-languages

9. firexemblemj

firexemblemj Member

Yes, i will teach chinese to them because it will help them in the long run. If they know more language, they will have a higher chance to get a job.

10. yes i think all children should learn chinese, even if it just speaking and not writing

11. aznroyale

aznroyale Member

Since I'm chinese, of course I will teach my kids chinese.

12. Yup, i was born and raised in Canada but my parents made it clear that i had to speak cantonese at home and i also went to chinese school. When i have kids i'll be sure to do the same so they can communicate with the older generations, plus its always good to be fluent in two different languages.

13. mashimus

mashimus Member

Yup.. it's good to keep the "tradition" going... plus it's good to speak another language... :)

14. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol , its a bonus for them to learn chinese, lol at least when poeple are bagging them, they can bag them back, lol and also just more conveient to learn chinese for opportunies

15. dqg

dqg Member

i have 3 kids and their first words were chinese although i live in a western country; i have many local born chinese friends that doesn't speak chinese because their parents were afraid they couldn't learn local languages. i am lucky because my parents don't know much local language so i have to speak chinese with them but i learn a lesson: don't be afraid your kids won't learn the local language because they will do in school. turn out i am right with my kiids: they speak perfectly the two languages without accent and doing great at achool.
    well mandarin is a world language in number and wide spread thru the earth: they are country that doesn't speak english like some afrika and south america countries but you will always find some chinese around.
    and china is taking over the world without a fight (conficius: greatest victories are won without war) by being a world economic market player and bying whatever they can (even US was afraid for his strategic oil supply when sinopec was bying the second oil producer of the states haha)
    then you should know what ever wallmart is selling by credit, those credit are given by the producers and if you know that almost 90% is made in china guess who will claim the money haha.
    then i guess the world next economic market is china and india: even Adidas is afraid to withdras is production unit in china (raising cost) because his second world market is china.
    next year china will be the first manufacturer of the world (financial times)
    so beware of the sleeping dragon: he is already in your backyard!!!

16. fly007

fly007 Member

sure i will teach them chinese !!!

17. Silly_ice

Silly_ice Member

Yes I will. I widh my chinese would learn atleast 2 or more languages.

18. jklee369

jklee369 Well-Known Member

Defo, like the original poster said, i agree that it would be a shame if they cant speak as they be losing part of their heritage and im gonna get them to learn how to write the lang so that they can have the opportunity to work in china if they want, by then china might have taken over the usa as the leading economy of the world :)

19. killahcheese

killahcheese Member

I will have to.. Look at it this way, any Western person will always look at me first as a "chinese person" no matter how Canadian I may be.

20. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

definetly, A Chinese must know how to speak it. ABC accents are not enough, they have to be fluent imo. My children will have to be fluent in both chinese and english

in my opinion, chinese who cannot speak it or have a strong accent are disgrace...I grew up in Boston where ABCs look down on FOBs, so im definetly not gonna let my child be one of those people making fun of others.