Will you teach your kids Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by the_alphabetman, Jan 17, 2007.

1. lyhoa05

lyhoa05 Member

:wiggle:Of course, we need to teach our kids what we know-scooter

2. zeewee

zeewee Well-Known Member

If I ever have kids, I will definitely make sure my kids know Chinese. I would probably send them off to Chinese school, so they would not only understand and speak, but would be able to write it as well. It's sad... I have many nieces who are full Chinese, but can BARELY understand it because their parents only speak to them in English. Not knowing your cultural language closes so many doors and limits your knowledge of the world.

3. timekeeperx

timekeeperx Member

Well, my parents forced it onto me when I was younger so I never enjoyed it, but now I regret not trying. I would like to teach the kids Chinese, but I will try to find the best way to do it.

4. elow12

elow12 Member

i would want them to at least be able to speak canto. Not necessarily read or write, but it would def be a plus if they did

5. yuki86

yuki86 Active Member

of course, Chinese is going to be one of the international language very soon.

6. carmenq

carmenq Member

Since I'm a CBC, its going to be hard for my kids to keep up with their chinese roots
    I will for sure try to get them to learn it, but I can't blame them if they're chinese isn't good or anything
    hopefully, they'll know the basics of speaking cantonese at least!

7. Jonnkie

Jonnkie Well-Known Member

For sure i will teach my kids chinese! It's very helpfull to know 2 languages! And therefore learning them chinese characters are also very helpfull..

8. giga

giga Well-Known Member

y not no matter what a person should kno some of there heritage

9. armedretards

armedretards Well-Known Member

I will make sure that my kids will learn chinese, I will force them to go to chinese school. I will do whatever it takes for them to learn chinese. They need it to speak to their grandma !

10. hayac520

hayac520 Member

well now a days chineze is growthing.
    is people know chinese, is better for looking job and going to china for holiday will be handy.

11. armedretards

armedretards Well-Known Member

for that reason too hayac !!

12. jacheu

jacheu Member

Definitely.. since there will be a lot of opportunity in the future

13. zxxdeadxxz

zxxdeadxxz Member

its gonna be a no for me. If my future children want to then i would enroll them into chinese school, but other than that, nope

14. nemo88

nemo88 Member

of course i will coz im proud of chinese languages

15. johnnycash04

johnnycash04 Member

i'm always speak chinese with my kid,because the more languages they speak it better for them in future....

16. hingpang

hingpang Banned

I think it will be good to learn and take to a chinese class in school to become more fluent

17. darkkcl

darkkcl Member

If we have children, we will teach them Chinese (moi), Vietnamese (my girlfriend), Dutch en English (both) then he can be a multi language speaker..

18. onichan

onichan Member

i 100% will
    cause when you was child learn is more easy

19. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

It's a heritage thing, so YES for me.