Will you teach your kids Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by the_alphabetman, Jan 17, 2007.

1. aznlitomik3

aznlitomik3 Active Member

of course i will

2. evolution18

evolution18 Well-Known Member

Sure, I'll teach them Chinese

3. jackycheunglove

jackycheunglove Active Member

my kids will learn chinese before they learn english

a banana is never a good thing. if you look chinese, you should be able to speak it at least

4. kiwistrawberry

kiwistrawberry New Member

definitely..i have a lot of ABC friends who regret not learning chinese when they were younger.

5. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Gosh, then those poor Indians, Japanese, and Koreans are sure going to be pissed; like, they can't even call themselves Asian anymore... :tear: LOL...

6. smartangel

smartangel Well-Known Member

yes, sure! one reason is that chinese is the popular language today, how can our kid lost this language. in additonal, people other than chinese is speaking chinese or learning it, so how shame is it that chinese cannot speak chinese

7. Yes, I want my kids to be bilingual. And more importantly, I want them to understand their family, history and culture.

8. chewgummie

chewgummie New Member

No matter who I will marry (chinese/non-chinese), I would still try to teach them chinese and perhaps even more languages (multilangual?! >_<) I think the biggest reason for that is cultural heritage and being able to communicate with other family members ^_^

9. hakga

hakga Member

yes, most definitely

10. bububang

bububang Member

Yes.. i dont want my kids to be like me.. :(

11. ynot138

ynot138 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%

12. funky0563

funky0563 Member

i will teach my children to speak chinese language .

13. benjihua93

benjihua93 Member

I believe i will as it gives my children an insight into their origins and how their heritage has come about

14. Sharza

Sharza Member

i would definitely teach my kids for sure

15. l3lahzzz

l3lahzzz Active Member

definitely yes

16. xyinniex

xyinniex Active Member

I'm pretty torn about this subject, I grew up hating chinese school, hated the work, hated the teachers, never actually got on with my classmates. That was a pretty traumatic time. and i wouldn't want anyone to go through that [either that, or i was just an angry child!]

I'd like to teach them, but with my knowledge of chinese, its not likely to happen.
    'Losing ones heritage' seems like bit of a harsh statement...Like I Know most of my traditions, adhere to them most of the time, and understand about 90% of my [chinese] culture, so even if i speak english all the time, doesn't necessarily mean i have lost my heritage. If someone asks me a question about my heritage, i can easily answer them.

i'm just not very comfortable with my warped chinese.
    So Yep, I'm still torn about whether or not to teach my future generation chinese...

17. Sumzen

Sumzen Active Member

Yes

I want them of to have the best of both world.

18. Gamble

Gamble Member

100% agree....

ill be marrying a chinese girl for sure too, and she HAS to be able to speak chinese for sure

~~

19. luminos

luminos New Member

Yeah, although I'm not the best one to teach them... I will try to send them to chinese school every week

20. olivertwist

olivertwist Active Member

i'm definitely gonna teach my children english and let my partner teach them chinese... its so important these days to know both