Will you teach your kids Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by the_alphabetman, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Jex

Jex Member

yes, being bilingual is always an asset.

2. roarixer

roarixer Well-Known Member

yah man... important not to forget one's heritage

3. szemunn

szemunn Well-Known Member

i want my children to be multi-lingual and chinese is one the language i want them to learn.

4. 999999

999999 Member

i believe we should stick with our tradition, so ill teach mine

5. bobbylee

bobbylee Well-Known Member

i would like to, even though my chinese isn't that great but its beta than nothing
    but definitely chinese school, even though i hated it as a kid, i finally realise how important it is now.

6. ronny22

ronny22 New Member

yes, i will teach my kids chinese because they should learn their native language instead of talking in other languages.

7. xsugarx

xsugarx Well-Known Member

I'd definately teach my kids chinese. It's always good to know another language. And yea... meeting asians that don't know chinese is sorta annoying to me.

8. contom

contom Member

100% i will teach my kid chinese

9. tobiko28

tobiko28 Member

definitely!!! At the very least they need to be able to speak the language!!!

10. shishixp

shishixp New Member

agreed 100%, with the amount of people traveling to different places not only for 'personal vacations' it is now quite common for students to work in Asia, so learning more than one language is definitely a plus .

11. Smyng

Smyng Member

of course!

of course i will teach my kids to speak chinese! (but ill need my mom's help....a lot of it) haha. After learning how to read and write in mandarin at school..im a little confused sometimes as to how it translates to cantonese..but either way my futures kids will learn one or the other!

12. Cate

Cate Member

We have to give them the freedom to choose. Forcing them is certainly not the right way. I'll get them Chinese books, music, cartoons, etc. Expose them to the Chinese culture. Take them to China, or closer to China town somewhere. Cook them Chinese food. It's never too late to start picking up a language. They'll know what's good eventually.

13. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

yes, it is part of their heritage

14. bemui

bemui Member

yes - they'll hate it now but they'll thank me when they're older

15. cdao66

cdao66 New Member

I see it now.. It's sad..

My sister has two kids and I'm so proud to say that they know Chinese.

I definitely plan to teach my kids Chinese no matter what race I decide to marry.

It's a part of my heritage that I am not willing to let go of.

I do admit though.. It's hard because we don't openly speak Chinese as our parents do.

Even my mom speaks English to us most of the time; although I try my best to talk to her in Chinese as much as I can.

My kids WILL know Chinese. That's a promise. As for my wife, either you know it already.. or you better learn simple terms. ahah

16. tom88my

tom88my Active Member

I think it best to teach you kids both chinese and english as these 2 will be the main language in the future business world..

17. PrinceDevil

PrinceDevil Member

Of course I will! I will make it their first language, they can learn English in school anyways.

18. macahlo

macahlo New Member

its so smart to teach the kids a different language while they're young. im glad my parents taught me.

19. dragontea

dragontea Member

engish first then chinese,,, dont want them to be fob

20. bLiTz13

bLiTz13 Member

no cause im not from china anymore