Will you teach your kids Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by the_alphabetman, Jan 17, 2007.

1. tranzformer

tranzformer Member

If I ever have kids...I will teach them chinese...and if they forget, I will beat their ass with a chicken feather duster...lol

2. a4agent

a4agent Well-Known Member

hahahaha..thats fokin funny dude!

anyways, no, I wouldn't teach my kids chinese cause my chinese sucks! But I would send them off to chinese skewl to learn chinese though lol

3. superbug9

superbug9 Well-Known Member

Yes I would.....I wish my parents had sent me to chinese school when I came to the US but they didn't so now I can't read chinese....I would want my kids to be able to learn more languages

4. thmonkey88

thmonkey88 Active Member

MARRY ME! I'll teach our kids Chinese... Hahaha

5. goofnerd

goofnerd Well-Known Member

i bring the children to chinese school in the weekend. because i am also raised abroad. i used to know chinese, had followed school for 4 years in hong kong. But i forgot it since i didnt use it anymore.
    now when i am watching chinese channel i wish i had keep working on my chinese skill. alot of things i cant read. so kinda find it pity. thats why i like my children to learn it.
    and so they do have a choice later when they grown up to work in china/ hong kong

6. pingsoon

pingsoon Member

I'll make sure that my children lean chinese, even if I marry someone from a different race. Not knowing chinese is a --.

7. dom88_rx7

dom88_rx7 Well-Known Member

i'll force them to study cos it's very important. if the kid is willing to learn,it'd b better!

8. tvb_man

tvb_man Member

Forget about the Chinese school .. I end up doing my kid Chinese homework. I give up.

9. [mJ9]

[mJ9] Well-Known Member

sure!i don't want to make my kids suffer(chinese language is toughh...the phonetics-sweat),i'm now learning by myself..i'm Chinese but my parents didn't taught me Chinese because i had 3 languages to learn when i was a kid..lol

10. casshern

casshern Well-Known Member

lol no. I can barely speak it myself. Probably will put them through Chinese school, though.

11. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

i am crap at teaching but i would do my best to do that and send them to chinese school too
    the reason will be the same as my dad said to me...
    apart from the i don't understand part coz i fully well do understand English, grandparents do not understand english that well.. so they have to speak chinese to them and it is an extra language to help them get a job easier due to extra language knowledge

12. kawaiigirl

kawaiigirl Well-Known Member

I will teach my kids and send them to a chinese school in week-end. And we should all be proud to know more than only one language. When my teachers first asked me, how many languagues do ou speak, i'll just answer him proudly Four :D

13. BLR

BLR Well-Known Member

My wife and I are teaching our kid Cantonese at home and planing on sending him to Chinese school.

14. kelvin88

kelvin88 Member

yeah absolutely =) lolz

15. person

person Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I'm not fluent enough to teach my kids. I'll probably put them in Chinese school.

16. mariah

mariah New Member

definitely!
    i'll bring them to chinese schools and it'll be their mother tongue

17. chi79

chi79 Member

i'll teach them chinese and the chinese way... WHACK! hold the chopsticks correctly!

18. hct1802

hct1802 Well-Known Member

who knows? you could always be in the aide of a chinese school nearby, and could always send them there to save you from the hassle of teaching? Probs easier that way too :)

19. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

only if my children are born in the US, I'll speak to them in Canto then Mando. i wanna throw them back to China after several yrs.

if i give birth in China, why bother?

dude i want my kids to suffer the same thing i did in China, they need lots of disciplines & Confucius philosophies

20. vvandu

vvandu New Member

i will give my children the opportunity to learn chinese and let them ride it out. If they want to quit, no problem.