Will you teach your kids Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by the_alphabetman, Jan 17, 2007.

1. sushiz

sushiz Member

i would definitely teach my kids chinese, either that or put them through chinese school. i totally also feel that it is sad to see chinese people who can only speak english.

2. hbngan

hbngan Member

we have 2 young kids (8 & 5) and we tried teaching them canto at home, as we can spaek a little, they need to be totally immersed in chinese at home to be able to speak it

3. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

You'll feel even worse when their white or black friend speaks even better Chinese than them, LOL.... :finey:

4. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

i'll definitely get my kids to learn chinese one way or another. like what most before me have said, it's not ideal to have chinese people who can only speak english.

5. danxstry

danxstry Member

i think kids pick up chinese hearing the parents or ppl around them alot speak it alot

6. s0uljae

s0uljae Well-Known Member

i will definitely teach my children chinese. it is always better to learn more language,so they can communicate with other people. they can also be able to speak a language when they meet a foreign countries

7. sitohbelady

sitohbelady Member

i guess i will only teach my kids talk cantonese

8. worgorgec

worgorgec Well-Known Member

I will definetly want my kids ot learn chinese and by chinese i mean cantonese because i really would hate it if my kids didnt know chinese the only problem is that there arent many cantoese guys around my area most are manderine and i dont want my future kids to be learning manderine and not cantonese

9. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Chinese will be their 1st language, English will be 2nd... and French is after...
    and hopefully Mandarin...

10. helenluan1

helenluan1 New Member

yes i will, that is my mother tonge

11. aiyah6188

aiyah6188 Member

I wanna teach them chinese, but i can only teach them how to speak it becuase i cant read chiense =[

12. Glyceryl

Glyceryl Member

If I don't, I can see my future right now ...my dad going after me with the bamboo stick...

13. keny

keny New Member

well let me ask you a question... Why not? the more languages you know... you can have a lot benefit.

14. veryberry

veryberry New Member

get parents to do =)

15. binopeda

binopeda Member

Definitely, but I wouldn't really force my kid to learn how to write too.

16. james19

james19 New Member

i will teach them english actually....haha

17. JayChou8

JayChou8 Member

I have no desire or plans for kids, but I may change my mind in the future.
    I need to make more money and be able to take care of myself first lol

yes, I would teach them Chinese.

18. bravomoonlight

bravomoonlight New Member

Of course~ nowadays, it's such an advantage to be multi-lingual. And I love chinese - it's a really nice language, even though it's one of the hardest to learn. Plus, there are SO MANY chinese out there... it's probably best that everyone learns it while they haven't dominated the world yet >.> haha, j/k. :)

19. flowerpot_91

flowerpot_91 Member

for sure

chinese is one of the best languages. so of course that would be a yes

20. kinkycupid

kinkycupid Member

I think it's important for your children to bond somewhat with their heritage. Especially so, if they are naturally born with that advantage, why not embrace your language and getting an extra skill to add to your resume.
    ________
    Marijuana strain index

#580 kinkycupid, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011