Will you teach your kids Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by the_alphabetman, Jan 17, 2007.

1. cheezyazn

cheezyazn Member

I will teach my kid chinese just so they wont forget their roots.

2. Kai_J

Kai_J Member

i would teach my children chinese, as they r chinese afterall because its would be embarassin if they didnt...

3. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

i would but i wouldnt teach them myself... i have my parents or school.... my chinese isnt all that great n teaching my kids would mean their chinese would suck worst than mine

4. theMooffin

theMooffin Active Member

I would talk to them in chinese and teach them to speak it but for actually being literate..i'm not even literate myself ><;;

5. JYJLrock

JYJLrock Well-Known Member

Yeah I think I'd make them take Mandarin and Cantonese classes lmao It's an asset for them man

6. epy

epy Active Member

i would make sure my kids learn chinese, even though i cant write it... i really want to learn it right now though. dont want my kids regretting it like i do now!

7. sora_lily

sora_lily Well-Known Member

I would teach my kid chinese. Asians are imigrating so much now to the west and it'll be really useful in their future, such as gettiing a job since employers are wanting people who speak more languages now. And they wouldn't really be chinese if they didn't know their heritage and weren't able to communicate to others.

8. liltwetee

liltwetee Active Member

for sure! the more languages they know...the better future they will have!!

9. turb0charged

turb0charged Member

Definitely.

10. magmags

magmags Well-Known Member

sure, why not? it'll be good to learn more languages

11. aztek

aztek Member

i would definitely teach my kids chinese. Its part of your heritage and it would be sad to lose it.

12. Selina Ren

Selina Ren Member

of course i will teach my kids chinese they have to keep their heritage i'll try to teach them how 2 write,but i think as long as they can speak it would be good.

13. zoom_zoom

zoom_zoom Well-Known Member

Most definitely. I regret refusing to learn chinese when I was little, even though I'm pretty fluent in speaking, not writing, cantonese. So, I don't want my children to feel that same regret later when they grow up. Plus, like everyone has said, it's a plus knowing a second or possibly third language.

14. ceetal

ceetal Well-Known Member

i would.. it's important to! or else a part of their heritage will be lost.
    it's an awesome skill to know another language too. =]

15. ippy

ippy Well-Known Member

Ofcours i will teach my kids chinese. Because there are chinese people to so they should talk chinese to.

16. narutokun

narutokun Well-Known Member

of course, i fink da cantonese shud be passed dwn 2 da nxt generation, da language nd phrases r 2 funi nd unpredictable. unlike boring english

17. veg8

veg8 Active Member

of course, just look at all the chinese speakers in the world, it's gonna be real useful down the road.

18. AznWing

AznWing Well-Known Member

If i married any type of azn i would want my children to know both languages
    for example i marry a korean girl i want my children to know chinese and korean
    but yea ill always want them to know chinese

19. jlsv1996

jlsv1996 Member

I would definitely teach my kids chinese, I don't want them to lose their heritage and tradition. I think maintaining their identity is an extremely important part of their development.

20. AznWing

AznWing Well-Known Member

yea true dat
    id prolly teach my children like alot of asian sayings and ancient reasonings