Would you date your friend's ex bf/gf?

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by mystery, Apr 7, 2006.

1. mystery

mystery Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't think I could date any of my friend's ex bfs. I think it'd feel really weird. But I do know a lot of people who are totally fine with their friends dating their ex bf. Anyone encountered these situations?

2. shy

shy Well-Known Member

Definetly not! I don't want any of my friend's sloppy seconds. Besides, it would prove to be very awkward for my friend and me especially if we're really close. Although the likelyhood of that is quite low as my friends & I tend to have different taste in guys.

3. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

Well, it depends on the situation really... I mean you wouldn't date your friend's ex if like your friend isn't even over him/her yet. That's just wrong. But if your friend's definitely moved on and forgotten about his/her ex,then maybe...

4. sitorbewwi

sitorbewwi Well-Known Member

i agree with you whoaitselaine *nods*

5. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

NO is not possible to date friend ex girlfriend to me.

6. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

Not for me! I agree that it would feel really awkward to be dating a friend's ex. My friends and I would never do that...it's kinda like a friends 'code' thing.

Hmm, here's a question. What would you guys/girls do if your friend tried to hit on your gf/bf?

7. shy

shy Well-Known Member

If my good friend instigates & starts flirting with my boyfriend, I'd drop kick her so fast she wouldn't know what took her down.

8. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

LOL...has that ever happened to you before?

9. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

I think that this is not gonna happen because i don't think my friends would like to hurt me

10. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

I would never date my friend's ex, my friend will probs kill me!!!! Anyway i think it would be kinda weird dating my friend's ex.

11. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

I had this close gf who, behind my back, was calling the guys I was already talking to. I didn't know this was happening all along because none of the chickensh*ts ever had the guts to tell me. wth?? Thankfully I was never serious with any of them.

I also know that a lot of guys find it okay to date a friend's ex.

12. lenachen

lenachen Member

I think it's ok to date a friend's ex...if it's been like 10years ago that they dated, and the friend really doesn't care...then what's wrong? Love is blind...-pirate

13. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

Wow, thank god I've never encountered any friends like that. >.<

14. shy

shy Well-Known Member

Some girls crave for that kind of 'attention' from men. I don't know what it is, but it's like they HAVE TO have that kind of attention in order to live their lives. I’ve encountered one too many of those types of girls.

In HS, I had a “friend” who had a crush on my boyfriend at the time. She would always use these sleazy tactics to try to get him to break up w/me, but it never happened. One time, she even had her bf of whom she had "broken up" with (for the 10th time) call me on her double-line and ask me out. She was just itching to trap me, but I knew what was going on. Needless to say, we're no longer friends. I never confronted her about it though. Because by then, we both knew that we were finished anyways. She was such a big, fat, fake who couldn't stand competing with me. C'est la vie. With friends like those, I didn't need any enemies.

But nowadays, the girls that I hang out with don't share the same taste in guys as me. If my best friend & I happened to like the same guy, I'd probably just back down. After all, guys come and go, but best friends are 1 in a billion. I would never fight over a guy, ever. If my man cheats on me with another girl, I won't go knocking on her doors and beat her up... it's not my style. I believe that if the guy is the one who's changing heart then there’s nothing you can do about it. Plus, if he didn't want it, no one can make him do it. One of my exs tried to get back with me after I caught him cheating on me, and told me that he was the one being approached by the girl. Obviously, if you weren't hungry, you wouldn’t eat. *roll eyes* He’s so retarded, thinking that I’d actually buy his lame excuse.

I also know many guys who love to cock block their own friends. Some guys do it for confidence and boost of self-esteem, but to me, if you know you're good, then there's really no need to do that, right?? People like these never win with dignity.

15. shadow Thi3f

shadow Thi3f Well-Known Member

Not a good idea. It makes things very complicated but it also has to depend on the degree of the friendship. If its a close friend its a mistake to date your friends ex. If its just a acquintence or someone you dont really hang out with then i guess its okay.

16. sitorbewwi

sitorbewwi Well-Known Member

no.. cos then your friend would brag and brag about all the stuff she/he did with him/her ..and its quite annoying o.o

17. extrememech

extrememech Member

hmmm... i will date my ex if we break peacefully in the past and not end up in a very bad situation

18. I did to my friend and my other friend tppk mine