Would You Ever Give Up Foreign Citizenship to be Fully Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ralphrepo, Sep 7, 2008.

?

Public Vote - Attn Overseas Chinese: If given a choice would you renounce your overseas country's ci

1. Yes, I already have.

4.5%
  2. Yes, I plan to do so.

13.6%
  3. No, but I've been thinking about it.

20.5%
  4. No, and I don't plan on it either.

29.5%
  5. No, what are you, crazy?

31.8%
  1. magicguitar

magicguitar Well-Known Member

Ok some Japanese Americans fighting for the US during WW2, so whats your point?

No matter what you think about the situation in Tibet, Chinese stayed in our continent, we didn't travel thousands of miles to another continent and stole the land and committed genocide on the native people there.

2. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

i don't really knw what to choose in the poll because i'm a Chinese citizen by birth.............

I moved to America 7 years ago & never thought of getting a US citizenship, I felt once a Chinese, I'll die as a Chinese (so fucking patriotic). But now I've been here for several years, I see the difference & find I'm more adapt in the western style, although I still admire & appreciate Chinese philosophies. For an example, I dislike how the Chinese government always enact censorship in many fields (I don't see the point of blocking YouTube at all, trying to bump its Tudou usage? so redic). I ain't brainwashed or anything, I seek more freedom in the US than in China.

But if asked would I give up my Chinese citizenship & gain an American citizenship now, the answer is yes, it's so much easier to get it, the questions are so easy.

#42 KaY_xD, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  3. crazy_man206

crazy_man206 Well-Known Member

ill be saying whatever is on my mind. if i think your sweeping assumptions are stupid (and i do) i will say it to you.

if you have a problem with it then dont reply.

in the case you arent so emotionally fragile, you can realize your error in reading and comprehending my post and maybe address that besides whining about my tone or language.

for the record, when i agree with a post ill say so. i even did it to your post in your thread.

http://www.dramasian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48855

#43 crazy_man206, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  4. crazy_man206

crazy_man206 Well-Known Member

not everything. only posts like yours, which reaks of....:)

what would i be jealous of?

outsmart him in what?

you stalk all my posts?

5. BLR

BLR Well-Known Member

During the World War some overseas born Chinese went back to China and helped fight the invaders. I would do the same.

6. danxstry

danxstry Member

i wouldnt mind if theres something or someone who is there and wouldnt move

7. aiyah6188

aiyah6188 Member

If i travel back to china or hong kong and decide to stay there then i would, other than that i dont really want to do it

8. goofnerd

goofnerd Well-Known Member

i would when i retired
    feel more home in HK then here.