Would you rather have a set lifespan of 100 years or die normally?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by [N], Sep 2, 2007.

1. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Ha and you got a point there! :p But yeah I have to look from the optimistic perspective if I think/hope I can reach the 100 years and I also can only hope I don't have to suffer from some kind of painful disease.

2. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

There's always suicide/euthanasia as the last resort...

3. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

^yeah euthanasia but no suicide for me. I associate suicide with desperate, impulsive and dramatic measures with a big negative impact on the relatives which I don't want. Euthanasia sounds more erm medical? Controlled and done with care, thought about it thoroughly by the patient while still sane and able to communicate. (does it make sense what I just wrote?)

4. hiake

It makes sense. I just associate euthanasia with medical personnel while suicide is kind of "home-made" but not necessary impulsive NOR desperate...

5. moor_moth

moor_moth Well-Known Member

Shit think i sed thanks to hiake by accident LMAO
    all gud neways if i was too live till 100 in good health etc i definitely wud cuz then i gud do the shit i wanna do n stuff... course i'll be scared wen ppl die n shit bt ya know we all gotta go down sooner or later and why not later MUHAHAHA

6. hiake

-sweat you can remove the "thank" in fact...

7. Jamien

Jamien Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I would prefer to die normally. Think of it this way, life has always been unpredictable right? We won't know when we'll fall ill, or when our loved ones will need us. We won't know when good things will come our way, or how long more is a bad incident going to continue.

It's this unknowing feeling that makes us treasure and live our lives to the fullest, the way we want right? Because we don't know when is our last day here. We may die from an illness, an accident one day and not realize what is happening. We just don't know when death will come for us. May be tomorrow, or fifty years from now. So in midlife, you would want to appreciate everything? If you knew you would die at 100, no doubt you'll spend the last few years of your life counting down before the day you die. In this way, god has blessed us to not suffer like this. Ignorance is bliss right? Can you imagine the fear?

So a normal natural death would be better imo.

8. if i could live up to 100 partying everyday then why not , but that lifestyle won't lat past 50 =P

not that i do but if i could yes!

9. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

You would bring a whole new definition to the word BALLER. :D

10. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

see..if it were like u can live to 100..and be unstoppable..and u can't die..pretty much an immortal until 100...thas a whole dif story..hahah

11. iio53

iio53 New Member

it would be a pain to live tat long i think ?

12. hksta

hksta Member

it really depends on how healthy you are at that age.
    i mean if you live to 100 but cant do much in life, then whats the point of living.

the point of living is to enjoy whats around you.

13. aznkalun

aznkalun Member

not 100 years....i'd want plastic surgery if i knew i'd live that long hahaha

14. PBS0398

PBS0398 Member

This depends on what is my health condtion when i getting to 100. If worst and lying on the bed, i would rather die as soon as possible instead waiting for the moment.

15. tomatoman

tomatoman Well-Known Member

i would choose a normal lifespan......but if u were to tell me i only have a lifespan of 30....i would go for the 100....

16. oceanocean

oceanocean Well-Known Member

no i would not take it. sounds like a crappy deal to me. i like surprise better. also it depends on the quality of life cos if you live to 100 and you have shit health then forget about.... kill me already

17. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i'd like to die normally cos with a 100 years thats a limit...i mean what if i could live past 100 but had to die at 100...that would suck wouldnt it...lol

i want to have some degree of control in my own life and death...

18. bbes

bbes Incredible

well if u can have a set life-span of 100 years and be able to run out on the street and get run over and still survive, or jump from the highest building there is and be fine, then that is a superb deal cos u can just get adrenaline highs all day lol.

19. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Normally because

1. More and more people are living to be over 100, because of the advances in Health care. What's stopping me (16) from going past 100?
    2. I would really prefer to die the way I'm meant to anyways. I don't want to live on and KNOW that I'll be dead within 80 something years.

20. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

^But death is unavoidable for everyone (as far I know lol) and with the current health care and science and provided if you live a healthy live, you can live up to 70+ years old if you're a male...so why not grabe those 30 years extra? :)