X-Men 3

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by sado, May 24, 2006.

1. shadow Thi3f

shadow Thi3f Well-Known Member

Well the movie is about the Dark Phoenix, but the name the Dark Phoenix is never mentioned in the movie. She is just known as the Phoenix. As for the saga, well dont expect it to be like the comic where they fight the Imperial Guards and the Star Jammers in outerspace. I dont think they ruined the image of the Phoenix because when she does become evil she was pretty powerful and almost god like. They pretty much made her into a demonic entity which I thought was okay. Its what she did to some of the characters that bothered me and also the lack of focus on other characters from the previous one. I know there is too many characters but if the movie was a little longer it would have been a more complete ending to the trilogy. It is definitely possible to have a 4th sequel because the director left it out there for another one. I guess this is the end of the Magneto story and if they do make another one, the main villain will be some other character. Again Im vouching fo Apocalypse. Now the Angel appeared in the movie he could become the Arch Angel in the next one. Imagine Apaocalypse and the 4 horsemen. Damn that would be tight.

2. sweet love surprises... thanks for the heads up.

3. Airree

Airree Well-Known Member

Man, If you've read the comics and then see the movie.. You find it's a waste of your money. There's so much stuff going on, it gets confusing and then the story has almost no closure. I couldn't even tell what the main plot was. I think I know, but I'm not sure. By the end, you're like, "what just happened? " or "That's it?" Then, theres the part where the people just died. Its like "That all? They die? Just like that?"

The story was rushed, and thus not so good.

To me, it was one of those bad sequels, not as good as the first, and since this is a trilogy, a bad ending. Of course the end does leave a cliffhanger for a 4th movie. We'll see if that happens, but with the dead guys, I don't see how that will happen.

A Special ending? MAN, how did I miss that? I sat there through most of the credits, and then my friends FORCED me to leave.. I knew I should of stayed.. I knew it. ><

4. AVANT

AVANT Well-Known Member

Looks like Airree and I have something in common ;)

PM me if you want to know what you missed. It's not really that special and only lasted like 10 seconds. -_-2

5. shadow Thi3f

I dont think its a waste of money just because I read the comic. I have been an X-Men fan ever since i was little and I would pay to see these characters come to life in the big screen. The movie was not perfect but I saw certain things that I always wanted to see, like Angel spreading his wings and flying, Juggernaut knocking down walls, and Beast kicking ass. As for the dead guys, Jean can always come back because she is the Phoenix. As for Cyclops, we are not certain that he is actually dead. In the comic they kill characters and bring them back all the time. Collossus died and came back and so did Psylocke. Did you hear about the special ending yet since you didnt see it? If not I can post it in your spoiler thread. I have to agree that it was a little rushed. I think another half an hour would have made the movie a lot more complete. Its only about a hour and 40 minutes. Come one Lord of the Rings was 3 hours. Since this was the epic battle and the end of the trilogy it could have been at least 2 hours.

6. Airree

Airree Well-Known Member

mmhmm I agree, I know that they kill characters and bring em back all the time in the comics, but I don't really want to see that on the screen.

hmmm and you realize, you leaked some spoilers? as in the dead people.. ?

meh, it was around 15 min. short of 2 hrs.. ><

Thanks, but Avant already pmed me the ending : )

7. monkiesxrule

monkiesxrule Well-Known Member

my cuz watched it and she said the story was bad but the special effects and stuff was good.

8. twi5t3dlif3

twi5t3dlif3 Member

OMG! X 3 IS OUT! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT...WE GOT SHAWN ASHMORE REPPIN' US CANADIANS! YE YE!

9. shy

shy Well-Known Member

I just came home from watching this.

I really wish Bryan Singer could’ve continued directing this instead of handing the baton over to Brett Ratner. There were a few good scenes here and there, but I was mostly disappointed. Too many crucial characters got killed off and Cyclops was such a wuss! Not the leader I’d anticipated. I know they won't be making any more X-Men movies, but the Wolverine spinoff better not disappoint!

10. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

i was shocked they wacked a few main characters..

11. okies

okies Well-Known Member

i think it was a useless of a movie because the changes they made the unmade with that 'special' ending
    speaking of the phoneix
    well that story wasnt even in the movie it was just a tool used for the final fight which was so lame
    im sorry im not a big comic book fan but the movie for me lack soul and any real character development
    and dont get me on storm she was so bad...yeh it was cool that she could fly but the flying sucked, did they see how peter pan the live action movie was done, because it was way better and it looks more natural....but anyways thats another story

12. shadow Thi3f

Damn You Brett Ratner!!!!and why Bryan Singer?? Why did you go and direct Superman?? which doesnt look too promising.

I honestly think that there will be a 4th sequel. Scott's a wuss, but i dont think he's dead. His body is just floating somewhere after Jean gets control of herself and stops the Phoenix from killing her lover. See, when Jean took control of her mind for that brief second, she used her powers to throw Scott into the water instead of destroying him. That process took a lot of energy out of Jean that it left her unconscious and that is when Wolverine and Storm finds her. Well thats my hypothesis.

Im not too thrill about a Wolverine spinoff. I know he's a fan favorite character and that he has a long and interesting history, but I want to see the rest of the X-Men. Look what happened when they did Elecktra a spinoff of Dare Devil. One could argue that Wolverine's storyline is a lot more interesting than Elecktra's.

13. ninu

ninu Member

The movie did seem a bit rushed , there were a ot of sub plots to take care of , it being the final x-men movie and they definitely should have extended the movie 30-45 min , fans need satisfaction by the reflection of the impact of killing of professor X and scott , on screen, it seemed to be over just like that .

14. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Me too. I hope its better than I expected; I mean in a good level. ;)

15. lyanz2000

lyanz2000 Member

it's a good sequal movie.

16. taxi01

taxi01 Active Member

I thought it was a bit "unrealistic" that 6 good guys can fight off more than 30 bad guys.

17. shadow Thi3f

Yeah I was hoping several of the younger X-Men like Jubilee, Syren and Angel would of helped out with the fighting. Its not too unrealistic because the soldiers were also helping the X-Men.

18. dongurigaeru

dongurigaeru Member

not as good as I expect but not that bad either

19. lil_azn

lil_azn Member

i saw it today and it was pretty good

20. yookao

yookao Member

i liked it but was disappointed that a lot of characters didn't get named out and it was very much a guessing game...also upset Psylocke only had 2 lines!!!! at least she was very cool. they didn't go into a lot of the characters at all like Collosus and Angel =( they were cool but didn't really do muhc of anything in th emovie or had much of a point of being there.

they also left it very open, at the end it shows Magneto's powers were recovering so it shows that the affects are not permanent and that even Rogue will probably get her powers back...(since she hasn't even taken Ms Marvel's powers yet!!) I hope they do more but i don't think they will....