Your views on Facebook

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by kevin, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

5 bucks you're not going to do it. fb is too hip.

2. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

I wouldn't take on that bet cause I know I probably wouldn't either. lmao fuuuuuuu fb. a new social network needs to get popular like right now.

3. sick. i should start developing this FB v2.0, and make millions.

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Probably billions sooner or later.

5. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

can i be CFO? -rolleyes

6. cailini

cailini Well-Known Member

Who-college roommate first year
    What-sharing pictures
    When-high school or junior high
    Where-somewhere
    Why-friend created an account for me

I mainly procrastinate on facebook and I do this daily.

7. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

I never sign up for it, but a couple of friends e-mailed me about it so i checked it out to see what it was. It was kind of interesting concept, but as it got popular I started to see how useless it just like twitter. The main purpose is to keep in touch with people you knew before, once you add them on you don't even contact them afterward, and the people I know treats it as contest to see who has more friends.
    Originally. I thought it was a great tool for network, but after a while i see it as a nuisance because people use it to creep around and other annoying stuff.
    also, i wasn't aware of this but was told if you post a picture on facebook, they own the image. I guess I'm really behind on the tech news.

8. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

just because you don't talk to them all the time doesn't mean you're not keeping in contact. as creepy as it sounds, at least you can see what they've been up to and how they are doing.

9. what do u guys think of the new facebook layout? XD

10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

like trix facebook r for kids.

11. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

nahhhh man. and fahrenheit the new layout is disgusting.

12. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I like the new layout. It's a lot easier to navigate and some of the junk stuff has been taken away. All the important stuff is located on the front page. Wall, summary of info, and preview of pics. An definite improvement.

13. cailini

cailini Well-Known Member

It is a good social networking tool.
    You can get information out fast for events and know that people are looking at the invites.

14. sighh after changing to the new facebook those game requests are starting flood in again >_<

15. bbes

bbes Incredible

yea i do think a lot of people like to use facebook for gaming haha but i don't/
    i'm not too keen on the new profile. they always have to change it every so often and i don't think the new layout is that intuitive.
    i agree that the new facebook can be more stalkerish but only if people want to be stalked. i mean places is there but only u tell others where u are haha.

16. the new facebook layout isn't bad, not sure why people always got to complain

17. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

The 5 W's:

Who influenced YOU to get a Facebook account?

College classmates. I grew up in Boston and since facebook originated from Harvard, word spread quicker in these parts.

What is so good about Facebook?
    At first it was a good way to see your friend's courses and schedule. It was great to meet new people and also schedule study sessions and get togethers. It was also great when it was EXCLUSIVE to college students due to the fact you needed a college issued email address. It allowed people to get away from MySpace where it was so blinged up by teens and etc. It was also great when you didn't get all these apps and advertisements.

Then facebook opened its doors to the open public, and it was good for everyone else to be "part of the club." They also allowed integration of apps; some people liked it, some people thought it was too much like "MySpace." But then facebook is also great for family members, because there has been plenty of success stories of people finding long lost relatives and friends. Of course there has been horror stories of facebook stalking and other cyber bullying crimes.

Now it is all about social networking. You can meet new people, learn new things, play games, get deals and specials, find jobs, make money from advertisement. Some may not consider this a good thing, but others certainly do; facebook is integrated with so many things on the web now. You can also access facebook remotely with the use of smart phones and etc.

While some may not see the benefit of social media; in my field, there is a whole world that revolves around social media. Through Twitter, I was able to get 4 interviews for a internship position with ad agencies. Through blogspot, future employers can learn more about me. With facebook, I can follow agencies I'm interested in and attend social events, career seminars, and see update about any open positions. Through all of the online social media, I can also follow ad campaigns and strategies. There was a person who used facebook's market analysis to create a series of ads targeted towards Microsoft to hire him, and he got a job with Microsoft within weeks. As long as you know what your doing, you can certainly take advantage of it.

When did you first hear about Facebook?
    Back in early 2005, when it was exclusive to college students.

Where did you find out about Facebook?
    Through word of mouth.

Why did you join Facebook?
    To get away from MySpace. MySpace was started to get filled with spam. Facebook was also a good way to keep within a specific "ring" of friends/classmates. And it was private.

Miscellaneous questions:

What do YOU do on Facebook?
    Social networking. Message friends. Create events. Join events. Create advertisement. Look for jobs. Follow agencies/companies I like. Post up things I like. Share photos.

How long do you go on Facebook? Daily, weekly, monthly.etc
    Hourly. (Along with Twitter/Blogspot/Foursquare/LinkedIn/YouTube)

18. Yumizo

Yumizo Member

My mom ._. I saw her facebooking |D

Meeting more friends. Homework help.

Erm 2007? 2006?

My mom was surfing it xD

To interact with friends...but then during then...none of my friends knew about facebook.

Miscellaneous questions:

Chat with friends. Go crazy with them |D

Most likely Daily

19. teresax

teresax New Member

my friend overseas from where i live atm

its just social networking... made easier?

hmm..... ages ago.... 2007? 2006???

From a friend who uses it

to keep updated with other ppl's lives i guess...

Miscellaneous questions:

look at the recent posts, comment, like etc etc oh n post up interesting stuff n update my status. The usual

almost daily.

20. spider-man

spider-man Well-Known Member

My friends.

Sharing pictures with my friends and family members. Let everyone watch my videos.

Friends who got an Facebook account.

In class.

So, I can share my photos and updates. Connect with my friends.

Check for messages. Upload pictures or videos.

Not everyday. A few times per week.

Hope this is enough info.
    =)